Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Mommy and Daddy Are Here!


And so are my aunt Donna, family friend Toni, and her friend, Janet.

Just a quick side note on Donna: every year for Easter, she gives me, my brother, my sister, and my cousin an Easter Egg from Aunt Charlotte's, the greatest chocolate store in the world.


And guess what! She brought me one all the way from New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was beyond excited.


Anyways, for our first meal, we headed to Stallo del Pomodoro for lunch--a restaurant that used to be a horse stable.


We got some salumi and prosciutto to start of course.


I got cheese tortelli with cinghiali ragu--more of that wild boar meat!


The next morning, we headed to one of my favorite cafes for a late breakfast.


Tiny espresso cups!


I LOVE the pastries at this place. This croissant is filled with a lemon cream and topped with fruits of the forrest.


Then I took my parents to Mercato Albinelli. They are in love.

They got to meet my salami guy (who first thought we were from England, and then, when I said we were American, thought we were from Minnesota. Interesting).

We got a bunch of food and had a delicious lunch of cheese, meat, and bread.


That night we went out for aperitivo. The sky was looking pretty cool.


Yesterday, we went to Genova.

Mostly because I wanted pesto.

Alright, we went there for the sole reason of getting me some pesto.

We had a fabulous lunch with prosciutto and melon...


and pasta with PESTO! It was incredible. Definitely worth the four-hour train ride.


However, if you can tell from this picture, it was pouring for a majority of the five hours we were there.


Luckily, we found an Eataly to pass the time in.


I could live in this place and never get bored.


An hour before we had to leave it finally stopped raining.


And now I really want to go back to Genova because it's a really cool town.


I just have to convince someone to go with me...




So I picked out four kinds of pesto while at Eataly. I find it much easier to get things when my parents are paying.


One is traditional Genovese pesto (basil and pine nuts), another is sun-dried tomato, another is pistachio, and the last is fennel.

Of course I got the giant jar of the Genovese and realized this morning that it has to be consumed within three days after opening.


This will be an interesting challenge.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment