Saturday, April 6, 2013

London Part 3: We Leave London and Go To Oxford!


As you can see from this first picture, Oxford is really pretty. And generally amazing.

We basically spent our entire time gawking at everything we saw and taking a billion pictures that do no justice to the places themselves.

First we went to the castle.


The castle was pretty cool, but more exciting was this strange face that Michelle made while we walked on the path towards the castle.


And even more exciting that was Sam pretending her head was going to be cut off. She looks pretty psyched about being decapitated.


Escaping near death made us pretty hungry, so we headed to the Art Cafe for foodsies.

Sam got pancakes with mixed berries.


So did Michelle.


AND I GOT PORRIDGE. You have no idea how exciting this was for me. Sam and Michelle can vouch that I was way too thrilled about this bowl of cooked oats. But seriously, I eat oatmeal almost every day at home and it doesn't even exist in Modena!

I was a happy happy camper.


After fueling up, we ventured off to accomplish the many things on our "list of things to do in Oxford."


Instead, we mostly got distracted by pretty roads and buildings like these and subsequently accomplished nothing from said list for a few hours.


It was worth the wandering though.


I love the name of this street.


This is a university's library. Get your act together American University.


I expect campus to look like this when I return.


And we went to this awesome candy shop. I got licorice. Once again a happy camper.


Back to that list of things to do. We ended up having plenty of time to both wander around and also succeed at going to places we originally wanted to go to.

This was the "Covered Market." It reminded me of The Reading Terminal in Philadelphia, but on a much smaller scale. And much more quaint. (The Reading Terminal is still one of my favorite places on the planet though.)


And Alice's Shop! Home to a billion objects related to Alice in Wonderland. Very cute. Kind of like Sam and Michelle's faces in this picture. I bet they wished I would start cropping my pictures...


Then we started wandering again.

And I'm glad we did, because we ran into the most beautiful college campus I've ever seen in my life.


This is Keble College.


Holy crap balls.

Once again AU, I expect better when I return.


There were a bunch of posts with heads on them. I believe Sam said "I just want to put my head on their heads."

This was the best she could do.


Dinner time! We went to this place Quod that was super fancy looking but not very expensive. Win win.

I got a puff pastry tart topped with roasted carrots, roasted butternut squash, ricotta, sage, lemon, and grated cheese. YUM.


Sam got pasta alla carbonara.


Because I'm a nice person and good friend, I'm not putting up the photo of Michelle and her pizza. It's a tad frightening. You're welcome Michelle.

Next time on the blog, I say my goodbyes to London.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment