Thursday, April 11, 2013

Edinburgh Part 4: The Airport


Well. My flight was supposed to leave Edinburgh Airport at 11:25 am on Wednesday, April 3rd. In fact, it departed at 6:45 pm.

It was a sad day.

When I first got to the terminal at 10 am, after going through check-in and security, I saw that the flight was delayed until 1:30. So I got a lovely pot of tea.

Then, it was delayed until 2:30 pm. And then 4:30 pm. So I decided to get food. I must say, this was a delicious airport meal.


This salad was quite delicious--broccolini, shredded carrots, shredded beets, goat cheese, edamame, and mixed lettuce.


However, the meal didn't change the fact that I had been sitting in the airport for six hours with no end in sight. So I got some chocolate.


At some point (the whole day has blended together), the flight was said to be taking off at 6:30.

As you can see by the next photo, my deterioration was complete by dinner time. Yes, I had Werther's candies and jelly beans for dinner.


Thanks Ryanair.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment