Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's Spring Time!


The change of season means a few things.

First, FLOWERS! I really love the wildflowers that are growing around my residence. They seem to be mowing the grass a lot nearer to town but I hope they leave the fields near me alone.


Spring also means gelato is even more enjoyable. Nothing cools you down like a cone of delicious gelato.


Fresh fava beans are alive and well. I will soon post a recipe. I can tell you part one right now though: dedicate at least 2 hours to peeling (adjust accordingly to the amount of favas you have) and expect to pay an exorbitant amount for a kilo (or pound) of favas and find yourself left with a handful of edible beans.

But boy are they delicious!


Spring also meant that Amelia and Sarah were on Spring Break!

I convinced them to make a day trip to Bologna while they were staying in Florence for a few days.


We also got to enjoy the glory that is gelato.

Sarah got hers made into a frappé (milkshake).


Classic cone for Amelia.


I got Nutella and Bananita. I was a little disappointed with the flavors, but happy to eat something cold.


And you can't tell from this picture, but there's all outside seating now! This morning I got pancakes with banana and chocolate. I enjoyed my dish from an "American Menu" while sitting outside of Juta Café.


Yay Spring!

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment