Sunday, March 25, 2012

You Can Never Have Too Many Girl Scout Cookies



Remember how I excited I was about getting Girl Scout Cookies? Yeah. Those were good times.



But, because I fill the role of a broke college student, I only got one box of Thin Mints and one box of Samoas. Only enough cookies for me to eat and enjoy in their natural state.



Then, Sam (being the awesome person that she is) got another box of Samoas. And my brain began birthing ideas of what to do with those extra cookies dying to be combined with another sweet to create an uber-dessert.

After asking my friends' opinions, I decided on Samoa brownies.



It's a very simple concept:

Make your favorite brownie recipe (I used the one from the February issue of Food Network Magazine).



Pour a thin layer of batter across the bottom of the pan. Lay full Samoa cookies across this layer in a neat pattern. Spread the rest of the batter over the top.



Bake the brownies at the designated temperature for half the cooking time. Pull them out and sprinkle diced Samoa cookies over the top (I used eight cookies for a 9x13 pan). Press the crumbled cookies into the top slightly and then bake for the remaining time according to the recipe.





Allow to cool and them cut into squares. Drool. Enjoy.





-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment