Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

The sun is out, the temperature is warming up (a little too fast), and flowers are beginning to peek out of the ground. It must be time for...

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.



Girl Scout Cookies are one of the greatest creations known to man. I don't think I know anyone who dislikes them. In fact, everyone is head over heals in LOVE with these little guys. Forget World Peace Cookies, Thin Mints and Trefoils have got it covered. Seriously, has anyone ever thought to bring these to meetings with foreign ambassadors or something? Things would certainly go more smoothly.



I was a Girl Scout-and a terrible one at that. What was my greatest fault? Probably selling those cookies. Because I didn't. Boxes and boxes were piled into my house, and I ate them all. I made little to no effort to sell them. They were all in my tummy before I had the chance to bring the order sheet out of my folder.



Oops.

I discovered last year that the Girl Scouts actually venture over to American University's campus during cookie season (a genius move), and I couldn't have been happier.

When I was little, I was a dedicated Trefoil enthusiast. Today, my taste buds have opened up to just about all of the flavors. Though Trefoils will always hold a special place in my heart.

When I wandered outside yesterday to find the Scouts beginning to pack up, I rushed over to see if they could stay just another minute. I had seen Thin Mints and Samoas and knew I must have them.



They agreed to stick around while I ran to get my wallet from my dorm.

Success!

I am going to savor each and every bite of these beauties.

Update: Sam got another box of Samoas today. This room's awesomeness just improved tenfold.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment