Saturday, February 2, 2013

Yup, We're Still Eating Over Here


Before I get to more gustatory adventures of Meri and Alex, I'd like to announce that it's February! And, because I brought my wonderful Sam calendar to Italy, I still get to enjoy a delightful new picture every month. February 1st I was greeted by Zoolander telling me that I'm "really, really, ridiculously good looking." It will surely be a boost my self-esteem every morning.


However, Modena has not been really, really, ridiculously good looking. In fact, it looks pretty gross. Yesterday was fog. Today was rain. Ick.


But, that doesn't stop Alex and me from searching for delicious food. Yesterday we went to Mercato Albinelli once again to buy some wonderful bread and produce to make our own meals.


Fresh kale and spinach.


Green beans (a favorite of Alex's).


Tomatoes. We go through a kilo of these in a day, no problem.


My salad creation: spinach, arugula, kale, green beans, tomatoes, crumbled parmigiano, balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Deliciousness.


Today we went out for lunch to a pizza place that does Naples-style pizza. It was amazing.

First pizza: Napoli. San Marzano tomato sauce, cheese, oregano, and anchovies. I don't know the word for anchovies in Italian so I was a little surprised when they showed up on the pizza.


Next up: D.O.C. pizza. San Marzano tomato sauce, cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil. Very classic. Very yummy.


Third and final (for two people--I swear we aren't actually pigs): 4 cheese.


Just look at that ooey-gooey goodness.


And we polished off each and every one of those pizzas.

I am quite full.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment