Thursday, October 25, 2012
Why You Should Be Watching Nashville
Nashville is a new show that premiered two weeks ago, and I am completely in love with
it. My favorite Entertainment Weekly writer, Annie Barrett, loves it. Meredith’s sister loves it.
But no one in my life loves it, and I’m not entirely sure why. So, in a last-ditch attempt to get my
friends to watch it, I’ve compiled a list of reasons why everyone should be watching Nashville:
1) Connie Britton: Her performance is perfect. And her hair is so wonderful, it has a
Tumblr page dedicated to it: http://conniebrittonshair.tumblr.com/...
2) You don’t have to like country music to watch it! People who aren’t into Broadway
watched Smash (but let’s not talk about that show…), people who aren’t into politics
watched West Wing (I am living proof!), and Nashville provides enough substance
that the country music takes a backseat to the great plotlines.
3) The chemistry between Rayna James and Charles Clayborne: One of the greatest,
most heart-breaking couples to root for currently on television (and it has only been
4) Maddie and Daphne Conrad: The daughters of Rayna James, played by
YouTube sensations Lennon and Maisy Stella: http://www.youtube.com/results?
5) The show manages to make fun of “fake country” singers, like Taylor Swift, which,
as an actual country music fan, is pretty great to watch.