Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter at the Steinfelds'



I didn't get to go home for Easter this year. I actually didn't get to go last year either. This means that I miss out on making Easter Pies (a story for another post), waking up to an Easter basket from the Easter Bunny, and having a delicious meal with my family.

Not to sound all doom and gloom, but I get really upset when I miss family events like this. As I said in my last post, my mom and dad are awesome-just so you know, the rest of my family is as well.

BUT. Sam and her wonderful family were able to save me from a horrible fate this Easter Sunday as they happily gave me (and our neighbors Amelia and Michelle) the chance to celebrate the holiday with them.

I could not have imagined a better Easter (away from my family of course, I could never diminish the value of a Medoway-family affair).

We woke up. I peeled some apples with an awesome apple-peeler. We watched food network. Mrs. Steinfeld made us eggs-in-a-basket-yum! And then she gave us each an Easter basket (delivered by the Easter Bunny of course).



I'll be in a sugar coma for the next couple of days (each egg is individually filled with candy).

And, my basket had little egg salt and pepper shakers. They might be the cutest things I've ever seen.



And then we dyed about 6 dozen eggs.









Then we had dinner. It was a rough day.

Here was my contribution to the party: m&m cookies.



I just took the recipe for Nestle Chocolate Chip cookies and replaced the chocolate chips with the spring-themed m&ms to make them Easter-appropriate.

I also attempted to make a few look like bunny heads.



Well, it was worth a try.

So a big thank you to the Steinfelds for a fabulous Easter weekend! It was fabulous!

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment