Wednesday, May 2, 2012

This Is What We Do With Our Lives

In an effort to avoid studying for finals, Meredith and I have a new goal for ourselves: watch a movie every night until we leave. Currently, we are 6 for 6, and we’ll be 7 for 7 in a few hours. So far, we’ve watched the following:

Brother Bear
Groundhog Day
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Spinal Tap
The Blind Side

I’d never seen Brother Bear or either of the Lord of the Rings movies, and Meredith hadn’t seen Groundhog Day or Spinal Tap (I took personal offense to the fact that she hadn’t seen Spinal Tap, as that is one of my favorite movies of all time—I think she liked it).

Brother Bear was incredibly cute, and I’ve officially decided that if I were given the choice between being a human and being a bear, I would choose being a bear, but only if being a bear is the way it was depicted in the movie. I’ve also decided that if I were given the choice between being a human and being a hobbit, I would choose being a hobbit, but only if it were guaranteed that I wouldn’t get all angst-y like Frodo does by the second movie. So to recap, over the past few days, I’ve learned that it goes hobbit, bear, human for me.

Tonight, we’re watching Big Fish, which Sam has never seen (Meri speaking now), and I'm hoping she'll love it as much as I think she will. Stayed tuned to see if we reach our ultimate goal!

-Sam and Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment