Monday, May 21, 2012

A Real Occupation

I think I have a job. Like, a real job. One with real hours and a real payday. A job.

(Keep in mind, I'm knocking on wood like crazy over here in the hopes that I don't lose this oppotunity suddenly.)

Thanks to my fabulous brother and the pure happenstance that he lives with a chef, I may have just gotten a job in a kitchen at a restaurant in Philly. Woah.

I'll be baking, decorating (oh my), and prepping foods for the chefs. I just finished my training week and it's been great so far! The hours are long and hard but definitely fun and exciting. The thing I was most excited to learn was how to sharpen a knife on a wet stone. That may sound creepy. Oh well. It's the truth. I feel like I'm in a really ominous scene from a scary movie every time I swipe the blade across the stone. Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Anyways, I'm praying that I can hang on to the job and not mess up too badly.

On my first day walking back to my car, I came across a Swedish Fish truck. I didn't even know they existed!


I'll take it as a good omen.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment