Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm Back!

Well, I've been back since July 15th.

And man have I been busy (a slight change from my usual "do nothing all day" thing in Italy).

First things first: reacquaint myself with my kitties. Cookie took hold of my computer immediately (that's my excuse for not blogging recently).


He's intent on not letting me use technology.


Next, find a way to have Italian coffee at home. Cue the espresso maker I bought in Modena.


And my adorable espresso cups.


Attempt to hug our kitchen cabinet and end up just staring at it in awe. So much snack food.


And make a trip to Wegmans. This is a real cereal aisle, Italy. (And this is only half of it).


Finally, lots of baking.

A bundt for my brother's breakfast every morning.


I replaced half the lemon zest with orange because I didn't have enough, and it worked out just fine.

Two loaves of bread: one sourdough boule and one whole wheat. YUM. My all-carb diet isn't going anywhere.


This morning, I finally found this baby in the basement.


Get ready for fresh pasta everybody.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment