Anyways, that means that it's time to see how I did with my Summer Bucket List (Sam will be writing her conclusion soon as well).
Let's look at the original list from June 11th.
"1. Ride ponies.
2. Find a way to remove the potato grime from the crevices of my hands (I don't think my appendages will ever recover from the amount of potatoes I cut/peel/grate/mash on a daily basis)
3. Watch Aaron Sorkin's new show, The Newsroom (so pumped)
4. Catch up on Mad Men (I'm at the beginning of season 3)
5. Find a reason to wear something other than chef's pants and a plain t-shirt covered in buttercream, potato skins, and chicken broth
6. Cook dinner for my family at least once a week, preferably twice (I think they were expecting me to cook everyday before I got a job... oops)
7. Make this, this, and lots of cornbread
8. Get on a plane to visit Simmie of Simmiecakes in Florida and go to Harry Potter World at Universal (yeah, the chances of this are pretty slim)
9. Try to find a way to use my sourdough starter once every week (I've been doing pretty well with this!)
10. Make Sam come visit me :)"
How did I do? Let's start from the beginning.
I did eventually get the potato grime out of my hands. It was always replaced days later, but I did have a few days of spud-free digits.
I did watch Newsroom. Not as fabulous as I had hoped (though the opening credits are up to par), but I'm gonna stick with it.
Well, I'm now at the beginning of season 4 of Mad Men. Is fewer than 12 episodes really an accomplishment? Eh. I can get half credit for that one.
There were probably a total of six times that I wore something other than my work outfit or pajamas. Good times.
|Look at me rocking that t-shirt and chef's pants.|
Definitely didn't cook dinner every week. Another half-credit goal.
I made the scallion pancakes (AMAZING. And easy!), not the blueberry bread. But I made cornbread!
|I even made Sourdough Cornbread! Killing two goals with one baking adventure!|
I did really well with my sourdough goal! I would say I only missed a week or two!
|Sourdough Pizza Dough! (My family loves it grilled into flatbread)|
I think I actually did quite well considering that I worked an average of 50 hours a week and only had off on Mondays and Tuesdays. About 7 out of 10 goals reaches (counting the half-credits).
I'm sad summer is over. I'm ready for Christmas.