Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer Bucket List Conclusion

Even though summer hasn't officially ended according to the calendar, I'm going to announce it's closure seeing as I'm already attending classes. I know. Ew.

Anyways, that means that it's time to see how I did with my Summer Bucket List (Sam will be writing her conclusion soon as well).

Let's look at the original list from June 11th.

"1. Ride ponies.
2. Find a way to remove the potato grime from the crevices of my hands (I don't think my appendages will ever recover from the amount of potatoes I cut/peel/grate/mash on a daily basis)
3. Watch Aaron Sorkin's new show, The Newsroom (so pumped)
4. Catch up on Mad Men (I'm at the beginning of season 3)
5. Find a reason to wear something other than chef's pants and a plain t-shirt covered in buttercream, potato skins, and chicken broth
6. Cook dinner for my family at least once a week, preferably twice (I think they were expecting me to cook everyday before I got a job... oops)
7. Make thisthis, and lots of cornbread
8. Get on a plane to visit Simmie of Simmiecakes in Florida and go to Harry Potter World at Universal (yeah, the chances of this are pretty slim)
9. Try to find a way to use my sourdough starter once every week (I've been doing pretty well with this!)
10. Make Sam come visit me :)"


How did I do? Let's start from the beginning.

I did, in fact, ride ponies. Especially this little guy, Covington.



My absolute favorite, Susie.


And, of course, Romi pony.


I did eventually get the potato grime out of my hands. It was always replaced days later, but I did have a few days of spud-free digits.

I did watch Newsroom. Not as fabulous as I had hoped (though the opening credits are up to par), but I'm gonna stick with it.

Well, I'm now at the beginning of season 4 of Mad Men. Is fewer than 12 episodes really an accomplishment? Eh. I can get half credit for that one.

There were probably a total of six times that I wore something other than my work outfit or pajamas. Good times.

Look at me rocking that t-shirt and chef's pants.

Definitely didn't cook dinner every week. Another half-credit goal.

I made the scallion pancakes (AMAZING. And easy!), not the blueberry bread. But I made cornbread!

I even made Sourdough Cornbread! Killing two goals with one baking adventure!
I didn't go to visit Simmie. :(

I did really well with my sourdough goal! I would say I only missed a week or two!

Sourdough Pizza Dough! (My family loves it grilled into flatbread)
Sourdough Ciabatta
Sourdough Biscuits
And, as you know, Sam did come to visit in mid-August. It was awesome.


I think I actually did quite well considering that I worked an average of 50 hours a week and only had off on Mondays and Tuesdays. About 7 out of 10 goals reaches (counting the half-credits).

I'm sad summer is over. I'm ready for Christmas.

Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment