Thursday, September 20, 2012

Belated Birthday Post

So, I talked about Sam's birthday. And about Sarah's birthday.

But I neglected to talk about Amelia and Ana, both of whom have birthdays in September as well (Michelle and I are the odd ones out with summer birthdays).



Per usual, I made both of them a baked good of their choice.

For Amelia, brownies. I did a peanut butter swirl and a topping of pretzel sticks. Sweet and salty always make a good match. Plus I got the added benefit of having pretzels to snack on for a few weeks.



Ana requested apple pie--one of my all-time favorites. She wanted a crumb topping so I did a normal crust for the bottom and apple filling (both adapted from Betty Crocker). Then a crumb topping made with brown sugar, flour, maple syrup, oats, and butter.


I've been working on figuring out how our oven works. Hopefully bringing an oven thermometer up from home will help me keep from over-baking (one of the greatest baking sins in my opinion).

Happy Birthday Amelia and Ana!

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment