Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blueberry Pie


I usually think of Apple Pie as the dessert symbol of America, but apparently Blueberry Pie ranks up there as well.

Yesterday, I got to teach an Italian family how to make one of our classic desserts (and in exchange, they taught me a few delicious Italian dishes).

It may be one of the coolest houses I've ever seen. First, they have chickens and thus have fresh eggs. Oh, and they have ducks too.


They also have peach trees, pear trees, a walnut tree, an apple tree, a cherry tree, and a plum tree. It is like my dream back yard.

And they have a doggie! I almost wet myself when I realized I would get to play with a dog.


For dinner we had penne in a pea and prosciutto cream sauce. Next, pork cooked in balsamic and potatoes. I will certainly be trying them out at home when I come back in July.

And next, the pie. I made sure to warm the pie in the oven before eating and served it with vanilla gelato. I hope they liked it!

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment