Thursday, July 12, 2012

Request Granted


I have always been more than wiling to fill any request for baked goods (or food of any kind really).

Yet, since I've started telling people that I'm working in a restaurant kitchen this summer, the requests have definitely increased. Not that I mind. I work Wednesday through Sunday and I spend both Monday and Tuesday cooking and baking.

Tuesday I made sourdough biscuits, banana bread, and risotto.

On Monday, I worked on a request from I good friend from the barn I ride at. Her eyes lit up when I described my job and immediately sputtered out a request for something chocolate-y. Chocolate cupcakes in fact.


I wanted to do something more than a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting, so I thought about making a filling. I decided on peanut butter. Safe enough not to confuse non-foodies, and delicious enough to still be exciting.


I used this recipe for the cake and threw together a sweet peanut butter filling and chocolate buttercream. Then I topped them with honey-roasted peanuts.

The cake worked out great because it wasn't super sweet. So, the sugary peanut butter and buttercream weren't overpowering.


They were a hit! I don't have a picture of people eating the cupcakes at the barn, but I have pictures of ponies! (Which I think is even better.)



  
-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment